Sunday 9 November 2014

Sunday Lunch Time is always Special

It used to be when we had a large gathering of family around the table. All sort of subjects came into conversation from a cow calving to the local fundraising as well as the local scandal of the area. Today my Dad came out with the below poem. I dont know what started off the conversations. At 92 he reeled it of word for word . He couldnt believe he hadnt told me it before. That is why Sunday Lunchtimes are so special. So I have shared this poem with you because in this day and age things such as this often get pushed aside for plastic toys and high tech games, I hope it will be passed on for generations to come Oh dear, oh dear sobbed the tiny mole, A fairy has tumbled into my hole. It’s full of water and crawly things And she can’t get out ‘cause she’s hurt her wings. I did my best to catch hold of her hair, But my arms are so short and she’s still in there. Please help her white rabbit your arms are so long. They say you are good and I know you are strong. Don’t bother me the white rabbit said, As he turned up his nose and his ears went red. There’s lots of mud and it’s sure to stick, To my beautiful fur so white and thick. Oh dear oh dear sobbed the tiny mole, Who will help this fairy out of my hole? A little brown rabbit popped up from the gorse, I’m not very strong but I’ll try of course. His little tail bobbed as he waddled in And the muddy water came up to his chin. But he caught the fairy by the hand, And helped her back to fairy land. She kissed him first on his muddy nose. She kissed his ears and his little wet toes. And when the day dawned in the morning light, That little brown rabbit was silvery white.