Monday 30 December 2013

Susan Caroll Frank's Birthday

it is 41 years since I met Susan Frank when we started Scarborough Technical College. The other day it was her birthday.So she was having the day off from her beauty salon in bar Street in Scarborough.A good excuse to go to see her with her mum who I call Mary Poppins because she is . And Liz Stevenson her daughter -the bonny blonde one. There isn't a photo of Susan as she like me likes her food and she wouldn't be my friend any more if I posted the photo I took of her.We ate at Lucia's just down from the Minster in York. Maybe I am spoilt now after been to the recently open Star in the City but hey ho we lunched outside under heater lamps in December and had a pleasant time .So in England in |Dec that can't be bad. As all good shoppers we did the shops before and afterwards. Mary Poppins always looks smart and is 81 in February -now that is some goer. A couple of years ago after Liz and Gary's wedding in the Little White Chapel in Las Vegas she went up in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon. She is such an amazing lady-a very wise old bird.