Tuesday 31 December 2013

Deck the halls with boughs of holly....

As I went window shopping in York before Christmas I nipped through a snickleway passing Barley Hall on to Stonegate .There I say children dressed up sat at long tables eating their lunch It was so atmospheric that I stopped to take a photo of them through the window. They must have thought I was mad. In those days as in my childhood too and more recently when Nicholas was a child 30 years ago Christmas was a proper Christmas. We had turkey once a year and in my Dad's day it was goose as they were reared on the farm and so they could afford to eat one. We had a present from Santa Claus who my parents sent money to help him pay for it.Today children get one from the parents and One from Santa .nest thing we will hear is that the reindeers will bring one too .PJs or slippers from grandparents. Orange,tangerine and nuts in a stocking. Children are so spoilt now a days. Every day is Christmas and we are lucky to have the choice to eat treats all the time. I mean look what the shops have to tempt us now. The White Company did look lovely and I spied another one full of robins.