Sunday 21 July 2013

Shepherd's Purse Cheese... Ryedale ...

As I type this I am have an eye on the television watching the final laps of Le Tour de France. No I am not into cycling and lycra but I am not only looking out for Gary Verity and the Welcome to Yorkshire Team but for Caroline Bell. Caroline is daughter of the famous Mrs Bell who makes some of the most wonderful cheese Yorkshire produces. Caroline is a very busy lady as she is there with their cheeses to give to the VIPs at the end of Le Tour. The Team Bells were at the Yorkshire Show the other week and here you see Caroline busy behind the counter and that was after a 14 hour day. They have made the Ryedale cheese now into smaller waxed portions and it was going down very well. Another photo shows me stood near a posh looking vehicle clutching my precious cheese. I said to Jack "I need a photo stood near this car so I can say -Guess which I would choose -it would be the cheese everytime" -that is how much I love it . Cars can come and go but hopefully Mrs Bell's cheese will live on forever. You see the cheese so when you see the label remember you must try it before the mouse eats it all