Tuesday 30 July 2013

Afternoon Tea with Betty...

or should I say at Betty's. I was very excited when an invitation came inviting me to the Belmont Room at York for champagne and canapés. As I trotted up the stairs I heard the pianist setting the mood -from then on it was a graceful glide. beautifully dressed staff welcomed us with glasses of champagne on silver salvers. How I could have been born tot his life. It was a networking event. The canapés as you would expect of such an establishment was delicious. For those who know me -I can't resist food . A man I will not mention who looked as if he needed the canapés more than me seemed to enjoy the fact he had the will power to way them by . I tucked into smoked salmon and cream cheese,parma ham and asparagus , hot cheese balls with relish rolled and fried in bread crumbs. And then more and more until I was near bursting point. One thing I am not in awe of is goats cheese but when the young lady smiled I felt sorry her plate looked so heavy I had one it sat between layers of cooked beetroot. I manage one but only one. There were chocolates which the most delicious fillings -rose and lavender. Well this man who had the will power seemed to hang near me seeing if I would weaken and say no, but he didn't know me well enough. Let's say I didn't let the side down. We were well and truly spoilt by Betty's as there was also the most divine biscuits and cake. It was what I would call a perfect trip out. But don't take my word for it -you must go for yourself and if you are looking to hold a function it is so central in York and ideal for anyone assured that you send out the invites and Betty's will do the rest.