Saturday 29 June 2013

It is all APP ening....

Herriot's Yorkshire and the World of James Herriot have recently made an APP. I am not into APPs as even though I write a blog ,have over 3300 followers on Twitter as @CarrHouseFarm and can change small detail on both Jacks -www.cuckavalda-gundogs.co.uk and my own website www.carrhousefarm.co.uk Apps have somewhat evaded my world. I don't have a fancy phone but a lot of people do have and I understand that Apps are the trendy thing to do and this one is for free -so it can't be bad. The contents look amazing and if you search you will find I am on here too. Photo 3 -Sam Chaudry was the operation man behind it all.Fully supported by-Photo 4 - Ian Ashton - a director of the World of James Herriot attraction. As of it's name sake both Rosie Page and Jim Wight's -Alf Wights children were there to endorse this. The launch was held at the carpenters Arms at Felixkirk and we had lot of nice canapés. As usual The CA always put on a good spread. John Beresford was there from Visit Britain and the local MP. Photo 1-Jessica Barker stood up and made a very commendable speech and looked stunning as always. Who would have believed her when she said half and hour before she was cleaning her self catering cottages. I do she is such a trooper. I think her words were -it makes a nice change for cleaning toilets !. I took my friend Shirley Nicholls and we meet up with Jane who runs Treasure trails in North Yorkshire who also stood up and spoke about her work. David Shields was there representing Welcome to Yorkshire and you can see him catching up in 2nd photo with David Crocker. Then after a couple of hours it was for us all heading back nose to the grindstone.