Monday 17 December 2012

Tour de Yorkshire

Well #BackLeBid has paid off. Last Friday it was announced that Yorkshire is going to host Tour de France on the 5th and 6th July 2014.It is thanks to Gary Verity and his dedicated team at Welcome to Yorkshire that the deal was clinched. Although the routes have not been disclosed yet I would be very surprised if Sutton Bank is ridden up which would mean Tour de Yorkshire will be on our doorstep. To celebrate this from Spring 2013,
we are buying 2 brand new cycles for guests who will be staying with us for 2 or more nights will be able to borrow these free of charge. Here you see the type of bike I have my eye on. Dawes is a well known British made bike. Hopefully this is what I will be getting. I can buy them locally and they can also service them for me.Above all I want ones which will have baskets on the front.We hope to carry a stock of Yorkshire produce which you will be able to take to picnic on your ride and take in the scenery that you see going at a leisurely pace. Safety hats.waistcoats and routes will be there for you too.