Sunday 11 November 2012

A night out at the Deliciouslyorkshire Awards

We had a great night at the National Railway Museum in York. Made a change from wellingtons and Barbour jackets to get dress up as it was a black tie occasion. I am on the advisory board to Deliciouslyorkshire and look after the interest of the hospitality side of things. I was also there as I was a finalist -in the top 3 for Yorkshire for the Best Use of Local produce on a plate/menu. I had been judged a few weeks before by the well known columnist and foodie - Elaine Lemm. Although I didn't win I was very pleased to have got as far as I had. Local friends and business were on our table amongst them Jessica Barker and her husband Phillip. They have self catering near Thirsk called Thief Hole Cottages. She had been in a similar position to me a few weeks earlier when she had been short listed in the White Rose Awards. A good night was had by all.I think Jack enjoyed it even though he started off having to wear a dickie bow and having to have his collar fastened
. Surrounded by beautiful ladies,Jessica,Rachael and Emily whose joint ages more or less add up to his.