Saturday 3 December 2011

Sophie Likes and Hovingham Market




Hovingham Market is held on the first Saturday in the month. I went along this morning as I have never been before.I knew Sophie Binns would be there. We have known Sophie a long time as she used to work at the White Swan in Ampleforth.We are hoping she will be coming with a small collection of her wears to our charity event in January. I got there early before the crowds. I bought a blue headband from Sophie,some mohair socks from Selena Scott's sock stand. Some chocolates with ginger from Sumiras-another lady who I think will be coming in January and some sausages and last but not least a marrow. Amazing the array of things on sale.There was some really nice pyjamas and nightdresses for children so I might have to go back another time.My advice is arrive early but not as early as me.