Friday 25 November 2011

A woman's prerogative...



I was out to a charity event on Wednesday night with my friend Colleen Risker who has stables at Rushton near Scarborough. Along with her husband have a 9 hole golf course near their home at Sawdon.We were going to have a bite to eat at the Downe Arms,we choose a dish that had cheese in it.When they told us they didn't have any cheese we decided we would change our eating venue. We made our way to the Anvil at Sawdon. I hadn't been here for quite a few years and wow what a change. Still a lovely feel to the place but the place had been smartened up a notch or two . The anvil and forge still remain you can see them behind cheese donuts.Yes cheese donuts. We had 3 starters and shared them instead of having a main course.It was excellent and the slowly roasted belly pork was out of this world.I wish all my plate had been this scrummy pork.It just melted in your mouth.It must have been marinated in something first -cider perhaps. So if you get there before me don't eat all the pork,please leave some for me .