Wednesday 12 October 2011

Yorkshire Farmstay AGM



I gave myself some brownie points today. I am not the best at going to meetings. It was held at the Wold Cookery School in the "middle of nowhere" I should maybe say in the heart of the Wolds -that sounds a bit better.It is a new place set up on JSR farms. Around 30 of us where there to listen to what Andy Woodward and the jelly baby loving computer geek -Sean Murricane. Sean was very much on the ball given he will be having a few sleepless nights with the new addition in his family. The venue is very new and spacious. It was warm and had comfy seats and we had some very nice sandwiches. Although I did think I detected a taste of goat in a quiche. Yuk. The cookery school even run courses for men. I think that will fall on deaf ears as far as Jack is concerned. I once left him to get his own lunch. Meaning I hadn't left a pan ,tin of soup ,tin opener along with dish and spoon. When I got home I was surprised to see he had opened a tin of chopped tomatoes. Was he going to surprise me with a concoction with chopped tomatoes. No, he had been looking for a tin of tomato soup .Seeing the tomatoes on the side he opened in,ate it and thought it was lumpy soup.....