Thursday 25 August 2011

Bank Holiday Monday at Newburgh Priory


I dropped my camera in some water the other day. Unfortunately it did not survive.So I had a quick shopping trip to Jessops in York. I am now back in business with my blogging and photos. I don't know what you are doing on this coming Bank Holiday Monday.I will be busy working as with a full house of guests over the weekend who are going out on Monday and then new people coming in. For those of you who are looking for something to do Newburgh Priory Estate near Coxwold may hold the answer. They are holding one of the popular flowerpower fairs.It is an amazing plant fair which sells wonderful specimens. I always think buying a plant holds a memory. My Dad has always bought me trees for birthday ,Christmas and other occasions. The fig tree was for one of these times. A red cedar for another. We have a marvellous David Austin red rose which Val Anderson bought us for a wedding present.