Saturday 11 June 2011

Posh Ploughmans....

I went to the Star in Harome yesterday lunchtime with Kate and her new beau.My complaint was that


was so much on the menu to tempt me.The asparagus soup with cheese fritters lost by a short head to a posh ploughman's. Well it was only lunchtime.It was so generous in size twice as much as I could eat. They kindly let me bring the rest home and my mother really enjoyed her high tea of rare beef and cheese. The pickles and relishes are made on site.The ham was so tender it just fell apart.They had even added a hard boiled egg in a egg cup with legs. Cannibalism to the first degree that made me feel as if I was eating Humpty Dumpty.A piece of pork pie which was a delight -as I just love pork pie.I munched my way through the celery not because I like it but thought I had to "do" healthy,Lettuce in ever colour shape and form.The bestest of bread which with the amount of butter I put on would not be classed as healthy but who cares when it is that good and I had eaten the celery to counteract my actions. In four words- a very delightful meal. Thank you Andrew Pern . Guests this is an ideal place to come to while away a few hours -enjoy delicious food, drink good wine and even better Pimms in the delightful surrounding of an age old thatched building called the Star. You enter bobbing your head through the low stable door into another world away from the maddening crowd.Furnished with Mousey Thompson furniture and much character in every crook and cranny. Please dont tell anyone ...