Wednesday 23 March 2011

Welcome to Yorkshire Brochure Day......





took place today at Thirsk. Chris Atkinson of Yorkshire Laundry very generously sponsored the event which saw a good turnout of attractions exhibitors from throughout Yorkshire. Gary Verity,David Shields,Ian Ashton and Sarah Barrowby were all there from Welcome to Yorkshire. Many thanks for my super pink mouse pad which is in use already.I am conscious of taking not too many brochures as they all cost to be produced but I still came out with a whole box full which weighed so much my arms must be inches longer than when I went out this morning.Joe Cornish was very generous handing out his beautiful calendars.Sarah with an equally beautiful one of Yorkshire gardens.I always stop to have a chat with the lady from The Ropemaker at Hawes.She is a mine of information and told me if you get on the steam train at Leeming you then go as far as Redmire transfer on to an old fashioned bus and arrive in Hawes in time for lunch .Her enthusiasm just rubs off on everyone. This lady doesn't have to wear a badge to show how proud she is to be part of "Yorkshire" A more energetic way to spend your time in North Yorkshire is mountain biking. Here you see James Risker who was promoting Purple Mountain Cycle Centre which is based in Dalby Forest.This boy had his feet firmly on the ground today but I have witnessed him sailing through the air on his cycle with the greatest of ease. Talking about that young man on his flying machine