Wednesday 30 March 2011

Birdgate Chocolatiers of Pickering.....



Easter is just around the corner and as I was on my way to Scarborough I thougth I would pop into Chocolart . Chocolart has not only moved to bigger premises around the corner and is now at the top end of the market place in Pickering. It in a street called Bordgate and the man who owns it is called Mr Peacock.I am not one for change and was disappointed that they had left their quirky little shop on Smiddy Hill.This one is very smart and has some of the nicest wallpaper I have ever seen -with birds on it of course. These premises are bigger enough that customers will now be able to see chocolates made and their wonderful cakes been decorated. Here ou see Dawn the friendly assistant who came up with a cracking idea for an Easter egg -The goose that laid the golden egg. of which I got one for my Dad A chocolate goose on a chocolate stand with a small egg painted with gold at its feet. What a great idea. To place your order you need to ring -01751 477755. Around the corner from Mr Peacock is Cafe Cocoa, with other chocolate creations in the shape of a cafe serving delicious coffee and unrivalled Hot Chocolate besides cakes as delicious as lemon and pistachio battenburg or a more traditional Victoria sponge.