Thursday 16 December 2010

Thanks to my husband and his chain saw...


We are lucky that my Dad always made future plans.I was brought up that every year we plant trees for future generations. Although the fir trees have not been planted many years -fifteen maybe, time flies and this type of tree grows pretty quickly.Yesterday Jack, my Dad and I went off on the mule to find one .Not as easy as you think with about half an acre to choose from. A 30ft tree is no problem but then with our low ceilings we only need one 8-10 ft. Jack took the chain saw. I was mooching about looking for branches of pine cones to spray. I cant understand why people use plastic ones as it is the smell of the pine which makes it seem like Christmas. I bought a couple of nice decorations when I was at Castle Howard the other week -a pheasant and a cocker spaniel dog. I have some beautiful ones that I have collected over the years. When I go to Holland I always try to buy some there they really go to town on their tree decorations. I have trumpets that you can blow and they make a noise and Chinese dolls I was given as a child .So I am busy collecting now for Rubi-Sue and got two pure white doves with lots of feathers on them. Another new one this year is very glitzy in silver and got glass in it to look like diamonds in a crown,I am going to give that to my friend Louise -as I know she will love it as it will go with the chandelier -yes she has a chandelier -in her kitchen.