Monday 2 August 2010

Back to School....



Today I spent a few very pleasant hours at Louise's home when I met up with her and her mum, Eve, who makes the most wonderful teddy bears . These are not just ordinary teddy bears, they are very special ones.Instead of buying one for Rubi-Sue for her first birthday I thought it would be more special if I could make one and Eve has kindly said she would show me how to start. Eve and I had been to a tassel making class years ago in Malton and I have done lots of cross-stitch over the years. Last year some of my work was exhibited at Castle Howard. I never seem to have time to pick up a needle now, but I am determined to get this bear done for the 11th Sept.The fabric was chosen -some antique mohair and of course it is pink -well what other colour could you have for a little girls teddy..Today I have got the pieces pinned together and a pink suede pad stitched on. Everything on these bears are hand stitched in tiny back stitch.Eve has given me lots of instructions on what I have to do before I see her again. Thanks for her patience and a big thank you to Louise for a very moreish lunch cooked on her new Aga.