Sunday 14 February 2010

St Valentines Day....

and what did you get your beloved today. I had the brain wave to give Jack three crowns of rhubarb and a horseradish plant. Hopefully they will grow and we will have them for years to come.
I heard with sadness that Dick Francis had died today .I have always loved his books after Catherine Bolitho introduced me to them 20 years ago when she bought one for me to read when in hospital.They were a compelling read and I guess I am not the only one who once they started reading one found it hard work to put down.
I am hoping to hear the results tonight of the Marmalade Festive which is held every year at Dalemain House in Cumbria.This was a marvellous idea to raise money for the hospice and entries are now world wide. It is thanks to Mary Pearson of Lovesome Hill Farm that my entry got there. Mary went up last Wednesday just as the snow was going to come to make sure it got there in time. Last year I spent ages making some and had put it in a box on the table as we were heading up to Scotland .It was only when we stopped to deliver it that I discovered Jack had left the box with it on the table.... as it was said of Queen Victoria "one was not amused".