Sunday 9 August 2009

All in a week......


We have had a busy week with guests coming from across the globe. Thanks to the weak pound we welcomed Italians, Dutch. French and visitors from Belguim. A birthday guest and a couple celebrating their Ruby wedding anniversary. It has kept me on my toes. Some guests who stayed last weekend have added me the Trip Advisor site. It was kind and I hope this is what all guest feels but what happens when the cat drops a mouse outside their door as a thank you for them petting her what sort of a review I will get then.
Its has been the Pickering Steam Rally this weekend and the Sky Charter Uk Ltd from Kent based their helicopter here. On Saturday morning they kindly took Jack. daughter Fiona and partner Tony and myself up for a spin round...All I need now is to win the lottery. It is lovely day here so Jack has refilled the hot tub today after I got a hose pipe from Homeworkers in Helmsley . They are down Borogate and if Les and his knowledgeable staff can't fix you up with what you need on the DIY side you may as well put your feet up. My sampler I am told of the Kate Greenaway alphabet is been much admired. It is been displayed in an exhibition of Victorian children books and illustrations at Castle Howard.
We have yet to eat at the Abbey Inn since it was taken over but will get there soon as I hope. Jacks mum had been there for lunch last week and said it was wonderful .Just rememebr it is shut all day Tuesday.